It was my father calling me. He asked the usual, how am I, what am I doing, where's mom, where's Rachel, have I ate yet, have I studied yet, am I a good girl?
And then he asked me how much I loved him.
Dad: Daddy is very tired right now ~___~
Me: Go rest.
Me: Go rest.
Dad: Mm, I will after I finish this report. Haih.
Me: Haih.
Dad: Daddy misses you all a lot. Do you miss Daddy?
Me: Yeshhhhh
Dad: How much do you love me?
Me: A loooooooooot =D
Dad: How much? One dollar?
Me: No, more. D=
Dad: Daddy loves you very, very, very, very, very, very much.
The 'one dollar' thing is an old gag of ours. When I was younger, one dollar was, like, the bomb to me. If I had a dollar, I had the world. So back then, a long time ago, my father once asked me that question.
Dad: How much do you love me?
Kiddie Me: A lot! =D
Dad: How much?
Dad: How much?
Kiddie Me: One dollar! =D
Dad: ...=\
I love you guys one dollar!
And yes, mega-post on holiday is still incoming. Still working on the post for Saturday.
I have to start choosing my uni courses now. Need to submit my preferences soon. Commerce or Science, what shall I do? Or maybe a double degree. I've my eyes set on also doing a Diploma of Languages regardless of what degree I choose though.
It's very, very hard trying to decide on these things. I know that no matter what I choose, I'll probably have a whole career change in the future. I can see myself doing that, for some odd reason, despite the fact that I'm the sort of person who hates change. Maybe it's because from young, I've already seen myself doing that sort of thing? Going from this stream into that stream, just to explore.
Nonetheless, I want to choose my course carefully. With the limited years of life I have, I want to use every bit carefully, learning only things that I care about.
What shall I do, what shall I do...
Many expectations to live up to, many of my own dreams to achieve, many people to make proud...
One day, I shall go far away, to a field of tall grass and faint breezes, and scream, cry, and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment